SUN/OS csh

Krishnan Sridhar krish at jetsun.weitek.uucp
Thu Mar 30 12:29:52 AEST 1989

[ Moderators Note:-  Hmmm.  That From: field ain't exactly kosher.  If Weitek
  really wants domains, they should talk to UUNET.  I wouldn't be surprised if
  they were losing a ton of mail, because of confused mailers.  - Der]

Here is a problem I noticed while playing around with csh (SUN/OS).

Try typing `-` (including the back-quotes) at the prompt:

    %`-`
    -: Command not found
    /usr/games/: Permission denied
    %

I can understand the first line of the error message but what about the
second? Further, on different systems (in the network), it tries to execute
different files and comes up with the "Permission denied" message.

Any explanation?