Kermit 4E(70) and IBM Xenix 2.0

Alex Nghiem nghiem at walt.cc.utexas.edu
Thu Mar 30 12:41:19 AEST 1989

Has anybody had success running Kermit 4E(70) on IBM Xenix 2.0/
Microsoft Xenix 3.0 systems? I find that I cannot make Kermit on this
system using the sys3 or the xenix flags. I have been successful getting
Kermit to run using the pcix flag, but I find that "set line..." hangs
the system, unless I set modem CD high and set the modem to ignore DTR.

I have been able to get Kermit to run, with minor modification,
using sys3 flag, on the IBM-RT under AIX 1.1 and the Mac II under AUX 1.0,
although automatic dial-out does not appear to work on these systems.
Why do I, under Xenix, have to toggle the modem CD high and have the modem
ignore DTR in order to "set line..." ?

I am using IBM Xenix 2.0 on an IBM PC-AT.

nghiem at walt.cc.utexas.edu