unix security program

Dermot Tynan dtynan at zorba.Tynan.COM
Tue Mar 21 08:24:39 AEST 1989

> If you want security you don't want UNIX.

Sorry, Mouse, can't let this pass.
UNIX is *NOT* incompatible with security,
only the standard implementations.
Gould, IBM, and AT&T have UNIXes
(why is it VAXen and not UNIXen?)
that have some degree of certifiable security,
and are working towards higher levels.

Andy "Krazy" Glew. Gould CSD-Urbana.    1101 E. University, Urbana, IL 61801
    aglew at gould.com     	- preferred, if you have MX records
    aglew at xenurus.gould.com     - if you don't
    uunet!uiucuxc!ccvaxa!aglew  - paths may still be the only way

My opinions are my own, and are not the opinions of my employer, or any
other organisation. I indicate my company only so that the reader may
account for any possible bias I may have towards our products.