Imbedding postscript in LaTeX

John M. Sellens jmsellens at watdragon.waterloo.edu
Sun Sep 24 07:45:46 AEST 1989

In article <514 at maytag.waterloo.edu> plragde at maytag.waterloo.edu (Prabhakar Ragde) writes:
>>If the man page was any good, it would mention this.  But nobody reading
>>the man page seems to care.
>
>I care. Where can I find out exactly what \special commands are supported
>by whatever filter -Fd invokes, and which printers they are good on? Many
>thanks. --PR

The dvi2ps man page has, for almost a year now, contained this:
    Complain about this man page - thank you.
Nobody ever has, so I've tried to spend my time on more worthwhile
pursuits :-)

The supported special commands should generally be documented in the
man pages for the printer drivers. e.g. tcan300(8), dvi2ps(1).
Generally the \special documentation is not that hot.  If you're
looking for something in particular, or have some special need (sorry)
let me know.