Catching up on News

Clint Wong cgwong at watdragon.waterloo.edu
Wed Sep 13 01:41:19 AEST 1989

In article <29052 at watmath.waterloo.edu>, dgharriss at watmsg.waterloo.edu (Dermot G. Harriss) writes:
> In article <16326 at watdragon.waterloo.edu> cgwong at watdragon.waterloo.edu (Clint Wong) writes:
> >Is there a quick way in rn to mark all unread articles as being read?
>
> Sure.  Your subject line suggests a likely possibility.
> The command is "c" which stands for "catch up".
> You can use it either at the news group selection level or the
> article selection level.
> It's in the manual.
>
> 	c    Catch up--mark all unread articles in this newsgroup as
> 	     read.
>
> Cheers.

This is not quite what I was looking for.  I want to catch-up on ALL of
my currently subscribed newsgroups all at once.  This is useful when trying
to move your .newsrc to another machine and all the article numbers are
different or when you come back from a long vacation and there are a zillion
Unread articles in a hundred groups.
--
UUCP      : {uunet,utai,clyde}!watmath!cgwong
INTERNET  : cgwong at watmath.waterloo.edu            <  Clint Wong  >