General statement of policy...

Dermot Tynan dtynan at zorba.Tynan.COM
Thu Sep 14 15:37:30 AEST 1989

Just a quick note about articles submitted to comp.unix:
I receive quite a few articles which have multiple newsgroups in the
header.  While I can understand people trying to get as large a
coverage as possible, the end result is, I reject the posting.
I would ask then, before you post something to comp.unix, you first
make sure it is not cross-posted, as this is a strong indication that
the message is best served by another group.  Second, ask yourself
specifically, could this message be posted more appropriately to another
newsgroup?  One of the most common mispostings, is stuff which belongs
in comp.unix.{questions,wizards}.  If you want to know how to set
environment variables from .cshrc, the question belongs in
comp.unix.questions.  If you want the termcap entry for a VT02, then
try comp.sources.wanted.  If you think someone should add a better
scheduler to the Unix (not VMS, or Minix) kernel, then you are in the
right group.  Thanks...
						- Der