System V Pic command on 90x

Lou Salkind salkind at NYU-ROBESON.ARPA
Sat Jun 14 04:48:51 AEST 1986

The problem with the System V PIC is in the source code!

The yacc actions (in pic.y) tend to pass a union argument
of {int, float, etc.} to various subroutines.  Unfortunately, those
subroutines are not expecting a union type, but rather a simple
type.  On VAXen and 68000 C compilers, this presents no problem.
On a Pyramid, however, different code is generated to handle passed union
and structure arguments.  The end result is that garbage arguments are
passed to the various functions.

People interested in the fixes to PIC should contact me, and I'll try
to help out.

	Lou