umask per dir

Moderator, John Quarterman std-unix at ut-sally.UUCP
Tue Feb 4 03:57:20 AEST 1986

>From seismo!gatech!astrovax!fisher!djl Mon Feb  3 11:28:40 1986
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 86 02:00:12 est

As a big fan of least common denominator, rather than feeping creaturism,
I would note that it is quite easy to get umask/dir, by simply using
the facilities provided by your shell.  For instance, using csh,
alias cd to do 'source .exitdir; cd \!* ; source .enterdir' , and
use the shell scripts called .enterdir and .exitdir to do directory
specific initializations.

			***dan

[ Since I'm taking sides on this, I'm going to post my comments
as a followup by jsq instead of notes by the moderator.  -mod ]

{allegra,astrovax,princeton}!fisher!djl
The misplaced (That car sure is rusty!) Californian

Volume-Number: Volume 5, Number 29