Unix Technical Digest V2 #5

Heiby netnews at wnuxb.UUCP
Tue May 21 13:14:29 AEST 1985

Unix Technical Digest       Tue, 21 May 85       Volume  2 : Issue   5

Today's Topics:
                     CTS/RTS handshaking on UNIX
                           dynamic loading.
         Sys5 -> 4.2bsd conversion (tty driver stuff, no :-))

Date: Thu, 16 May 85 20:47:44 edt
From: Chris Torek <seismo!chris at maryland>
Subject: CTS/RTS handshaking on UNIX

In order to get flow control in the other direction to work (ie., when
the device drops carrier/CTS, make Unix stop sending) you may have to
fix your device driver.  In particular, the 4.2BSD DH/DM and DMF32
drivers don't support MDMBUF.

(The changes shown will make 4.2 twiddle the DTR line when in tandem and
mdmbuf modes.)

Chris

[Ed note: I think we beat this one to death, now.  Let's move on.  RWH.]