System 75 and 7300 Phone MGR

Gezik andyg at iwtse.ATT.COM
Thu Aug 4 01:30:11 AEST 1988

I'm having some problems using AT&T Telephone MGR 3.51 on the System 75.
Whenever I have the phone line pluuged in to the standard 7101A Voice
Terminal (the handset) the telephone manager does not function properly.

When lifting the receiver I get the active status message but when ending
a call by replacing the handset the line still shows active. I can manually
hang up the line by using the hangup function key. My phone is then in idle mode
and the only way to get dial tone is by keyborad dialing or call screen dialing.

Incoming calls get disconnected.

My way around this at present is to use an old touchtone phone that I had
laying around.

It sounds like the System 75 does not recognize off-hook and on-hook
signaling.

Has anyone shared this experience and if so how did you remedy the problem?

Thanks in advance.

					Andy Gezik
					301-369-7820
					iwtse!andyg