TCP/IP & MMDF for 7300

Guest from Vogelback vcc at eecs.nwu.edu
Wed Aug 3 12:47:00 AEST 1988

	I hope someone can help me.  I am a student in the Integrated
Science Program at Northwestern University and we would like to hook our
7300's to the local campus network.  This requires TCP/IP software, which
we do not know where to obtain.  Can anyone make any recommendations?  Also
can the 7300 handle a 19200bps line for the connection?  I seem to remem-
ber some discussion regarding this problem a couple of weeks ago but
skipped over it at that point as it was not relevent then.  Will modifications
to the daemons help reduce the overhead so that the 7300 will be able to
keep up with the traffic it must handle?  Please excuse any ignorance on my
part as I am still new to  UNIX and the 7300's.  Thanks.

						Robert Lentz
					Bitnet: Lentz at Nuacc
					Internet: Lentz at Nuacc.Acns.Nwu.Edu

P.S.   If anybody can recommend a good source for MMDF or another good mail
	program this would also be appreciated.