Questions on SCSI device interfacing...

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Wed Aug 3 02:07:01 AEST 1988

In article <14901 at apple.Apple.COM> ems at apple.apple.com.UUCP (Mike Smith) writes:
>>With the Mac Interface (Most Amiga drives also) you have to keep the
>>drive really close to the computer.
>
>You must have a different definition of 'really close' than I do.  I've
>seen Mac drives on cables about 10 feet long...

In SCSI cabling, as in Ethernet cabling and RS232 cabling, there is a big
and important difference between what you can sometimes get away with and
what is guaranteed to work consistently and reliably.
--
MSDOS is not dead, it just     |     Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
smells that way.               | uunet!mnetor!utzoo!henry henry at zoo.toronto.edu