Further evidence of Convergent's hand in the UNIX PC

Paul Dumais dumais at attcan.UUCP
Fri Aug 26 05:35:47 AEST 1988

In article <470 at icus.UUCP>, lenny at icus.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
> While poking around in 'sdb' I happened to type "V" and I got this:
> $ sdb a.out
> No core image
> CTIX-V 3.0 sdb

When I started working with the UNIX PC I spent some time looking at
the file hierarchy to correct security problems.  In my wanderings I
found a binary called "/usr/bin/.!.". Simply type .!. when logged in
on the console and watch the fun.  I  have  been told that the names
listed are both AT&T and Convergent employees who worked on the dev-
elopement of the UNIX(tm) PC.

  I should point out that I am running 3.51. I assume early versions
of the OS have the same file.

Paul E. Dumais                          AT&T Canada Inc., Toronto
Client Instructor - Data Systems        3650 Victoria Park Avenue
{utzoo,uunet}!attcan!dumais             (416) 756-5190
DISCLAIMER: Ask my boss, she'll tell ya. I don't know what I'm talkin about!