ld -F

JL Gomez jlg at ddsw1.UUCP
Mon Aug 8 11:35:53 AEST 1988

>From article <422 at manta.pha.pa.us>, by brant at manta.pha.pa.us (Brant Cheikes):
>
> Note to CCC script writers: If we can really link using -F, and it's
> really better than the default (-z, apparently), then why not fix CCC
> to give ld the -F option unless contraindicated?

Just change the run= to:

run="/bin/ld $ldargs $ofiles $ldlibs $extralib $startoff $libc"

That's all.  All program's cc'd thru ccc will have the -F option when you
do a file on the executable.  Somewhere in the manuals I've read that
everything for ld must before /lib/crt0s.o /lib/shlib.ifile in order for
-F to work.  Also, -F is the most natural format for the machine because the
object code is loaded by modulo 4096 (the page frame size).  Read the man
page for ld.
--
JL Gomez