UNIX-PC memory problems

JL Gomez jlg at ddsw1.UUCP
Mon Aug 29 04:44:10 AEST 1988

Well after getting some unexplained kernal panics, daemons dying, and the
ph.mgr status line giving me a row block characters after the machine
has booted, I ran the diagnostics to check the memory.  Diagnostics gave
me listing of addresses on good writes but bad reads.  I'm no hardware
person, so can someone suggest what I can do?  I do know how to open the
case.  And I did clean the motherboard from the dust bunnies.  Can it
be a definate hardware problem?  Chips gone bad?  The memory chips are
soldered in my 3B1.  Appreciate any and all help.  Thanks.
--
JL Gomez