bug in gcc-1.24 for the 3B1

Alex S. Crain alex at umbc3.UMD.EDU
Fri Aug 26 04:07:24 AEST 1988

In article <1682 at rphroy.UUCP> tkacik at rphroy.UUCP (Tom Tkacik) writes:
>There is a bug in the gcc compiler for the AT&T 3B1.
>The 3B1 pcc is one of the few compilers that does not tack on an initial
>underscore to all global variables in any assembly code.
>Instead it places a '%' in all of the compiler generated labels.
>Gcc does not do this, so it is possible to get name conflicts between
>global variables and gcc generated labels and static variables.

	Bob Rose (naucse!rrr) came up with this awhile back and offered a fix
for it, I implemented the fix and sent it off to GNU, and It appears to be
fixed in v1.26. I haven't compiled it, so I'm not sure if it works, but its
supposed to :-).

	The fixes look alot like the ones poested here, and I will mail out the
new tm-3b1.h file if anyone is interested. Thanks Tom for finding and fixing
the problem.

--
					:alex.
					Systems Programmer