3.51b fixdisk - does it require 3.51a?

Robert J. Granvin rjg at sialis.mn.org
Fri Aug 5 09:12:11 AEST 1988

>|Granted, 3.51a also creates a new problem, particularly attributed to
>|the 3.51a fixdisk, but 3.51b (not yet completed) will resolve those
>|issues as well.
>
>Does anyone know whether the 3.51b fixdisk will require having installed the
>3.51a fixdisk?  Or, if no-one knows, is anyone willing to hazard a guess,
>based on something like previous AT&T policy (not phase of the moon)?

Very likely, since parts (or most?) of 3.51b (or whatever it will be
called.  That's what I was told :-) cures problems caused by 3.51a.

I was also told some time ago that this fixdisk will probably be
available only "to those requesting and needing it" in the same way as
the 3.51a fixdisks.

But, as mentioned before, 3.51b is not available yet, so don't bother
them with calling.  They're supposed to contact me (and others) as
soon as it is available.  An announcement will be posted then,
complete with a list of fixes.

--
                                                             Robert J. Granvin
"Martyrs are just dying                     National Information Systems, Inc.