How much memory is left? (Re: Swapping and wmgr)

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.UUCP
Fri Jun 3 08:54:11 AEST 1988

In article <166 at elgar.UUCP> ford at elgar.UUCP (Ford Prefect ) writes:

|>>Here's a short program that will tell you how much memory you have...
|>>
|>>$ cc -c -O memory.c
|>
|>Here's an even shorter program that will tell you the same stuff;
|>fancy formatting or converting into bytes is left as an excersise for
|>the reader...
|>
|>	echo 'maxmem/D
|>	physmem/
|>	freemem/' | adb /unix /dev/kmem

Geez.  You're an *adb-guru*.   I guess that's how you easily reverse
engineered things like the CAPCTRL (kbd.o) driver.

|>Of course you can't make mine setuid, but what do you want for
|>nothing, Rubber Biscuits?   :-) :-)

Well if you have the version of the KSH that allows for setuid shell
scripts you could ;-)

Ruuuubbbber Bissscuits... (You remember that song too) :-)

-Lenny

--
US MAIL  : Lenny Tropiano, ICUS Computer Group        IIIII  CCC U   U  SSS
           PO Box 1                                     I   C    U   U S