3B1 only echoes one character for every several typed

Prentiss Riddle riddle at woton.UUCP
Thu Jun 23 07:41:33 AEST 1988

at the console.  Apparently most of the characters typed are in fact
received, but only a few are echoed.  A reboot fixes the problem.

This happens to us intermittently on several of our machines (running
3.5, if it makes a difference).  Is this a known problem?  Can anyone
offer an explanation or a fix?

Please reply by mail and I will summarize if there is interest.

-- Prentiss Riddle ("Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada.")
-- Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.
-- riddle%woton.uucp at cs.utexas.edu  uunet!ut-sally!cs.utexas.edu!woton!riddle