Full screen shelss and UA ( was Re: Swapping and wmgr

eric townsend erict at flatline.UUCP
Wed Jun 1 11:39:19 AEST 1988

In article <4157 at killer.UUCP>, dga at killer.UUCP (David Aldrich) writes:
> ...also if you are tired of a non full 80x24 shell window from the office...

Yeah, I was tired of it, and here's what I did...

Being a semi-avid UA fan -- not having any other software except UA and
the development set will cause this, but I'm getting better now -- I diddled
the Office file thusly:

Name=UNIX
Expert
Default = Run
Run=EXEC -d $SHELL
Prompt = Press Ctrl-D to exit

Name=UNIX System
Expert
Run=EXEC -w $SHELL
Help=EXEC -d /usr/bin/uahelp -h /usr/lib/ua/ua.hlp -t "UNIX System"
Prompt = Press Ctrl-D to exit

The "UNIX" option from Office gives you a full-screen shell, no border,
no anything.  ^D gets you out and back to the UA, or Rsume to go to the
portal.

"UNIX System" gives you the goofy little 12-or so line window that's
virtually useless for anything other than who'ing or something.

Hope this has made your life a tad bit easier...
--
                                Know Future
"The tao that can be said is not the everlasting Tao." -- Lao-Tzu