mailx for 3b1 ver 3.0

Steve Spearman spear at druco.ATT.COM
Wed Jun 22 03:22:29 AEST 1988

in article <739 at naucse.UUCP>, sbw at naucse.UUCP (Steve Wampler) says:

> From article <4505 at killer.UUCP>, by sean at killer.UUCP (Sean McCollister):
>> In article <916 at flatline.UUCP>, erict at flatline.UUCP (j eric townsend) writes:
>> As far as I know, mailx for unix-pc is available only to AT&T employees.
> Ok, I'll believe that.  Now, what can us po' folk do to try and get that
> changed?  Is there anyone we should write in such an attempt...

I hope that everyone recognizes that a company as big as AT&T can be
rather poor at internal communication.  There are quite a few of us
AT&T employees on the net with Unix PCs, and believe me that we are
not happy about the situation either.  Personally, I tried some internal
suggestion lines to get some of this stuff released and it just fell
into a black hole.  It would be nice if those people within AT&T who
are at least close to the software distribution process (and there are
some of you out there I know) would at least attempt to obtain some
explanations to tell everybody.  It really does look crummy that we
won't give it away and we won't sell it and we won't even say why.

Steve Spearman	(att, ihtlt, ihnp4)!booboo!spear
Definitely not speaking for AT&T