Loadable driver nipc breaks ipcs(1) on UNIX pc.

Mike "Ford" Ditto ford at elgar.UUCP
Wed Jun 8 14:34:12 AEST 1988

In article <381 at icus.UUCP> lenny at icus.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>$ ipcs
>IPC status from /dev/kmem as of Mon Jun  6 00:24:33 1988
>Message Queue facility not in system.
>Shared Memory facility not in system.
>Semaphore facility not in system.
>
>What do you mean they are not a facility in the system.  The programs
>are running just fine (or so they seem).  What should I do?

On a "normal" SysV, ipcs does an nlist of "/unix" to find the addresses
of the internal lists.  On the UnixPC it has to nlist "/etc/lddrv/lipc"
to get these addresses.  It first does a system("/etc/lddrv/lddrv -q lipc")
to see if you have ipc installed.

I suggest "lddrv -d"ing all ipc drivers, renaming nipc* as lipc* and
"lddrv -a"ing the one now named lipc.

					-=] Ford [=-

"Once there were parking lots,		(In Real Life:  Mike Ditto)
now it's a peaceful oasis.		ford%kenobi at crash.CTS.COM
This was a Pizza Hut,			...!sdcsvax!crash!kenobi!ford
now it's all covered with daisies." -- Talking Heads