Using PCOMM

Andy Pitts andy at rbdc.UUCP
Fri Jun 24 18:31:06 AEST 1988

In article <419 at kosman.UUCP>, kevin at kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) writes:
> In article <516 at rbdc.UUCP> andy at rbdc.UUCP (Andy Pitts) writes:
> >In article <417 at kosman.UUCP>, I wrote:
> >> I cannot get PCOMM to work with my external Telebit Trailblazer Plus.
> >> I think I have things set up right, but it acts really strange.
> >>
> >It works for me.  Have you installed all the patches to pcomm?  One of them
>
> I'm trying.  No joy.  I have patches through 4 (1 and 2 were included in the
> distribution I started with).  I don't autobaud because I have found it
> necessary to lock the interface at 9600 for other reasons -- basically, too

If you have the speed of the rs232 interface locked, there is a problem.
If Pcomm gets a match to one of the low speed connect strings, it will set
the line to that speed.  This means if the modems sends "CONECT 1200", and
that is defined in the 1200 baud connect string in the modem setup, pcomm
will set the line to 1200 baud.  But if the modem is locked to 9600 baud
it won't work.  You might try leaving all the connect string entries in the
modem setup blank, and simply place "CONNECT" in the 9600 connect string.
This might fool things into working.  Or better, You could place "ATS66=0"
in the Init string and unlock the modem when dialing out.  It you have
S52=2 the modem will reset to the eerom parameters when DTR drops.
--
Andy Pitts andy at rbdc.UUCP  : "The giant Gorf was hit in  one eye  by a stone,
mtune  \                   : and that eye  turned  inward  so  that it looked