SNI 3270 SNA Emulator Terminal

Stewart gmark at ihlpf.ATT.COM
Fri Mar 18 11:57:17 AEST 1988

Has anyone out there had any experience with the SSI 3270 SNA
terminal emulator for the UNIX-PC?  I've only used this type of
teminal at IBM where it was of course hooked up to a non-UNIX
system (years ago).  The speed was phenomenal, but not liking the
system a heck of a lot, I didn't pay too much attention to it otherwise.

Is the apparent speed a characteristic of the terminal?  How the heck
could a 7300 emulator keep up with that (any ideas, Mr. Fox?)?

Has anyone used the emulator?  Is it usable for anything resembling
UNIX?  How well does it work?  Why is it so darn expensive?

					G. Mark Stewart
					ATT-BTL Naperville, ix1g266
					ixlpq!gms 979-0914