2MB add-on boards to 7300/3B1

Steve C. Simmons scs at m2-net.UUCP
Tue Mar 8 00:45:43 AEST 1988

I called the recently-posted number for Piiceon (512-328-5614) and
spoke to Rod Gilchrist.  They do sell a 2Mb add-on board for the 7300
and 3B1.  It's $800.00, one year guarantee.  The ram is wave-soldered.
You cannot buy a partially stuffed board.  The address on a 7300 is
hardwired to start at .5Mb; I have no idea what they do on a 3B1.  Order
address is 1996 Lundy Ave, San Jose, CA. 95131.

They've heard of the problem with their boards not working in a 3B1,
and are desperately trying to find someone with a defective board/pc
combination so they can diagnose.

I have no connection with these guys except as a potential customer.
--
Steve Simmons				Just Another M-Net News Reader
scs at lokkur.uucp					At Home In Dexter, MI.