att support

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.UUCP
Thu Mar 10 10:35:12 AEST 1988

In article <2428 at ihuxy.ATT.COM> guy at ihuxy.ATT.COM (Berentsen) writes:
|>In article <2761 at gryphon.CTS.COM>, freuden at gryphon.CTS.COM (Ralph Freudenberger) writes:
|>> Could anybody tell me what I could expect in terms of maintenance from att
|>> if my unix pc went south.  I mean REALLY south, like a mother board
|>> replacement.  Is this machine supported at all anymore?
|>
|>As I recall, the announcement that the unix pc was bing discontinued
|>mentioned that parts and service would be provided for 5 years.
|>
|>This information is 100% hearsay.

Finding the parts isn't that easy.  I called National Parts today at
(800) 222-PART to see about ordering some parts and they told me some of
the things were DISCONTINUED and there is NO STOCK on it.  They include:

	Dual EIA boards (without RAM)  0K
	23MB Tape Backup units

I tried some Master VARS and their stock is depleted as well.  It might
be harder getting support on some of these items.  I wonder what happens
if a EIA card 0K breaks, and you need a replacement, do they replace it
with a .5MB populated one?

For people trying to get machines it is *VERY* hard.  You almost can't
find any 67MB units or 20MB units, the only ones that seem to exist in
*SMALL* quantities is the 40MB units, and they are going FAST....

						-Lenny
--
US MAIL  : Lenny Tropiano, ICUS Computer Group        IIIII  CCC U   U  SSS
           PO Box 1                                     I   C    U   U S