A brief word

Scott Hazen Mueller scott at zorch.UU.NET
Sun Mar 13 03:39:08 AEST 1988

A while back various net.people discussed merging/gatewaying comp.sys.att
and unix-pc.general.  From that discussion, I started up a redistribution
mailing list to provide unix-pc.* groups to people at sites who couldn't
get the unix-pc network.  I also posted an article seeking a consensus
decision on what, if anything, to do about merging or gatewaying the two
groups.

The consensus is apparently that what we've got is good enough for now.  I
will table my motion to gateway unix-pc.* into comp.sys.att for the nonce.
In the meantime, I will continue to operate the mailing list; if you would
like to receive unix-pc.* and can't get the groups via Usenet News, drop
me a line at the below address and I will confirm your address with you and
then add you to the list.

         \scott
--
Scott Hazen Mueller   scott at zorch.UU.NET
(408) 245-9461        (pyramid|tolerant|uunet)!zorch!scott