3.51 fixdisks being released by National Systems Support Center

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.UUCP
Thu Mar 3 10:28:11 AEST 1988

The long awaited bugs of 3.51 have been "ironed" out by NSSC and the
3.51 fixdisks are going to be available next week.  If you are lucky you
might be fortunate to get them earlier like I did, but I depends on who
you speak to and your urgency.  It comes on two installable diskettes.
Here is the *BUGLIST* that is fixes...

::::::::::::::
ate/Info
::::::::::::::

The terminal emulator (/usr/bin/async_main) has fixes for
the following:

	-lockfiles not being removed
	-vt100 enter key mapping incorrect
	-slow performance when using 513 or vt100 emulation
::::::::::::::
kernel/Info
::::::::::::::

The UNIX(r) PC 3.51a Custom Kernel (/UNIX3.51a) has fixes
for the following:

	-tty driver does not return null character on break
	-break sent over modem freezes serial port
	-lp driver truncates lines to 132 chararters
::::::::::::::
kmap/Info
::::::::::::::

Kmap (/usr/lib/ua/kmap.610) corrects the misspelling of RollDn
in the kmap file for the 610 terminal.
::::::::::::::
ksh/Info
::::::::::::::

Ksh (/bin/ksh) has fixes for the following:

	-dumps core on long input lines while in emacs mode
::::::::::::::
modemcap/Info
::::::::::::::

Modemcap (/usr/lib/uucp/modemcap) has an entry
for the AT&T 4024 modem.
::::::::::::::
ph/Info
::::::::::::::

The Phone Manager (/etc/ph) has fixes for the following:

	-ph stops logging calls in .history
	-call screen pops up
	-ph dies after several calls
::::::::::::::
tam/Info
::::::::::::::

The tam library (/usr/lib/libtam.a) has the following:

	-newly developed applications linked with the new
	 tam library can draw windows/contents in one pass
	 instead of two
uucp/Info

The uucp (/usr/lib/uucp/uucico) has fixes for the following:

	-uucico hangs at call completion
	-uucico turns modem speaker on
	-time stamps incorrect in LOGFILE
--
US MAIL  : Lenny Tropiano, ICUS Computer Group        IIIII  CCC U   U  SSS
           PO Box 1                                     I   C    U   U S