Submission for Unix-PC

Karl Swartz kls at ditka.UUCP
Fri Mar 18 16:59:10 AEST 1988

In article <8803141504.AA12525 at eplrx7.UUCP> lad at eplrx7.UUCP writes:
>I'm in need of another mailer for my 3B1.  It pains me that I cannot
>even reply to a mail message with the mail program that came with the
>computer.  Anyone using a fave mailer that works great and dosen't take
>up much disk space?

With some effort, you may be able to track down mailx, which looks
like the Berzerkely mailer.  Since that's what I use at work (on
Suns), that's what I was hoping for.

But, before I found mailx, I found Elm.  I'm glad I found it first.
I'm still running 1.5, which I got off the archives at uunet, but
1.7 is available (too lazy to install it yet), and 2.0 may be
available soon.  It's a very nice mailer, sort of the rn of the
mailer world in some regards.

--
Karl Swartz		|UUCP	decvax!formtek!ditka!kls
1-412/937-4930 office	|	{floyd,pitt,psuvax1}!idis!formtek!ditka!kls
			|BIX	kswartz
"I never let my schooling get in the way of my education."  (Twain)