Getting symbols from /etc/lddrv/wind (was Re: sockets & ptys)

Bradley Smith bes at holin.ATT.COM
Tue Aug 8 22:21:20 AEST 1989

In article <945 at icus.islp.ny.us> lenny at icus.islp.ny.us (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>Why not use nlist(3C)?  That's what it was made for!   All you need
>to do is to set up a struct nlist with all the symbols (assuming you know
>the symbol name [which can be gotten with nm or looking at the ifile.wind])
>you need and then call nlist("/etc/lddrv/wind",&nl) ...
This is what I am going to do, although I was using wind.o which gave me some
grief, but last night I got win_cnt (actual a variable pointing to the same
place) to have 12.  My next step is to see if the tty structures are working
right on the window driver.  If they are then I should be able to get stdin
working on the select.  Then all I need to do is work on the write bitmasks.
--
Bradley Smith
Computer Systems Offer Integration Laboratory