Anyone see the "extender" board for the UNIX pc?

jmm at ecijmm.UUCP jmm at ecijmm.UUCP
Tue Aug 8 04:48:52 AEST 1989

In article <170 at alps.UUCP> lenny at alps.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
|Paging through the UNIX PC Reference Manual, I happened to see something
|of interest ...  In the section on the Tape controller board they
|mention doing adjustments to the board.  What they said in the
|instructions is to:

|1.	With power off, remove the Floppy Tape Controller board and
|	insert an _extender board_ in its place.
|
|Now this sound useful for those hardware hackers out there (Gil, you
|listening?) ...

This sounds like something I've seen for Multibus.  Its a card with
an edge connector on one end, a matching edge socket on the other,
and a lot of straight-line traces between.

It allows you to have a board in a running system and still get probes
to various points for debugging purposes.  There might be a few extra
features (e.g. a switch to disconnect the board from the bus).

Apologies if you already knew this and read the subject as Physical
Extender rather than System Capability Extender.
--
John Macdonald