Can one install a WD2010 without needing a complete reformat?

Chris Siebenmann cks at ziebmef.mef.org
Wed Aug 23 16:29:11 AEST 1989

 For various reasons I'd really really like to install a (large)
second HD soon, and I haven't been able to find a WD2010 locally. What
I'm wondering about is if I install and start using the drive
(obviously just the first 1024 cylinders!), can I later install a
WD2010 and use the remaining tracks (as a new partition) without
having to back up and reformat the drive?

 Please email information, and I'll post a summary.

--
	"You're a prisoner of the dark sky/The propeller blades are still
	 And the evil eye of the hurricane's/Coming in for the kill"