Nethack 3.0 on the 3B1

Bob Breum bob at cmpfen.UUCP
Wed Aug 2 23:30:10 AEST 1989

twong at spock.UUCP (Terry Wong) writes:

>After a couple of hours the other day, I got nethack to work on my UNIX
>PC.  There is one problem, however, and I wonder if anyone else has
>encountered it as well.  Whenever an orc or goblin throws something at
>the character, the area of the screen near the path of the thrown object
>fills up with garbage like this: 5<00085<#748!

I had the same problem on my AT&T UNIX-PC 3B1, running the 3.5
software.  This problem is caused by defining TERMLIB when you compile
it.  Apparently the 3B1's termlib is faulty.  Just recompile the whole
thing  _without_ TERMLIB defined, and all of those strange screen
artifacts will go away.

--
Computer Fenestrations						      Bob Breum
Post Office Box 151		{uiucuxc|hoptoad|petsd|ucf-cs}!peora!cmpfen!bob