UNIXPC: 3.5.1.4 worth my time?

Todd Day todd at ivucsb.sba.ca.us
Tue Aug 1 01:38:26 AEST 1989

First off, I have ver. 3.5 right now.  Is it going to cost me anything
to upgrade to 3.5.1.4 (or is it a free bugfix)?

Secondly, I haven't noticed any problems with 3.5.  Are there any I should
be aware of?  I have 3.5 Meg (2 on motherboard + 1.5 on combo board), two
extra serial ports, 67MB hard disk, and a DOS73 coprocessor.  Everything
runs fine.  I even wrote a kernel-modifing ringback program to detect
ringback so I can share my voice line with my computer and its external 2400
baud modem.  I have hooked Mac's and terminals to my serial ports with no
problems at all (never found that problem with BREAK not cycling the baud
rate properly or BREAK hanging a terminal).  I have been running this way
for 1 1/2 years.

So, if it ain't fixed, don't broke it?  What are your opinions?  Do I
get a speed increase with 3.5.1.4?  The only reason I'm seriously
considering this in the first place is that the binaries that have
been compiled for TeX, emacs, and gnu tend to be compiled for 3.5.1
and I have a feeling that they won't run on 3.5.

Todd Day  |  todd at ivucsb.sba.ca.us  |  ivucsb!todd at anise.acc.com
"It's not the heat, it's the stupidity"  ---  Angry Poodle B-B-Q