3B1 power supply schematics

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Sun Aug 20 09:43:41 AEST 1989

Darryl Baker is asking for schematics of the UNIXPC power supply ...

The schematics are NOT in the UNIXPC Reference Manual.    :-(

Near as I can tell, the power supply was intended to be a throw-away.
Perhaps the San Leandro repair facility can provide more help.

The "stock" power supplies are manufactured by Power Systems, Inc.

>From two of my previous postings:

For reference, the power supplies in the 3B1 and the 7300 *ARE* different.
Specifically:

The 3B1 power supply is mfd by Power Systems, Inc. and is their model PS 1610-1
(Convergent part number D-65-00056-1, Rev. B).  Its specs:

        90-130 VAC, 245 Watts, 58-63 Hz
        +5 VDC at 20 Amps
        +12 VDC at 5 Amps
        -12 VDC at 300 mA

The 7300 power is also mfd by Power Systems, Inc and is model PS 1569
(Convergent part number D-65-00042-00, Rev. E).  Its specs:

        90-130 VAC, 58-63 Hz
        +5 VDC at 20 Amps
        +12 VDC at 3.5 Amps
        -12 VDC at 100 mA

A: Although I'm not certain this is the same subcontractor who mfd'd the
   UNIXPC's power supplies, I have found this entry in one of my various
   buyer's guides:

        Power Systems, Inc.
        12 Tobey Road
        Bloomfield, CT  06002