UNIXPC RF shield for hard disk

Mark Dapoz mdapoz at hybrid.UUCP
Wed Aug 16 08:21:20 AEST 1989

In article <21302 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>							The person was asking
>if his removal of the shield may be contributing to the problems he's having
>with his HD.

Umm, would you believe that mine never had a shield.  I didn't know I was
missing it until I opened up a friends machine and saw this huge thing sitting
over the drive.  Never really bothered me 'cause my drive has never given be
a bit of a problem, and still doesn't give me problems.  Of course, the monitor
is now on a stand by itself off to the side so that I can get at the hardware.
I beleive that my machine was manufactured sometime in mid 86 because all the
parts have dates around 8618 stamped on them.
--
  Mark Dapoz  (mdapoz at hybrid.UUCP)  ...uunet!{mnetor,dptcdc}!hybrid!mdapoz

I remind you that humans are only a tiny minority in this galaxy.
	   -- Spock, "The Apple," stardate 3715.6.