gcc-bin

Karl Botts kdb at chinet.chi.il.us
Tue Aug 8 15:39:46 AEST 1989

Thanks to brant at manta, I have gcc-bin -- I really need an ANSI compiler for
this machine, and I am glad I don't have to compile the thing.
Incidentally, I am curious as to how much time and other resources it takes
to bring up and maintain gcc from the sources, not just on the 3b1.  In my
experience, it is really amazing how much time you can spend -- much of it
enjoyable, no doubt -- fooling around with an unstatic and immense piece of
software like that.  I suspect our managers know it to, by instinct if not
consciously, and I wonder if this contributes to their general reluctance
to embrace "shareware"?

Anyhow, what I rally want to do is ask somebody if they would squueze up
the docs and put them up somewhere?  Nothing fancy required -- just any and
all text files, ".1" files, etc.  I'll bet there's lots of folks, starting
with me, who would be grateful.