modem on tty000 ka9q

John F. Godfrey john at spirit.spirit.grle.mi.us
Fri Aug 4 07:05:58 AEST 1989

Lest anyone be confused by the subject line, I am posting concerning
two different things: the tty000 port AND ka9q.

I have tried to hook up a Data Race Action 24 Modem to tty000 and have
been totally stumped as to what I have to do to bring it up!  I'm
running 3.51a of the OS, and HDB uucp.  I have the Admin package, but
nothing gets recognized no matter what I do.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Got any suggestions?  Help is
needed soon.

Secondly,  I have compiled ka9q on my machine, but was wondering who
could give me some info. on setting up the directories and files that
I will need on this machine.  I got the ka9q package from a neighbor
(danielw at wybbs) who is running it on a Xenix system.  Is there
something else I should know for my machine and OS?

Thanks alot for the answers,
--
John F. Godfrey, Pastor
"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way and the truth and the life.  No man