3B1 power supply shorts?

Kurt Grutzmacher grutz at attctc.Dallas.TX.US
Thu Aug 17 14:37:45 AEST 1989

I've had my UNIXpc for a week now, and haven't had any problems with it
at all (running constantly) - the people I traded my XT with let the
machine sit on a shelf for over 4 years!  They used it a total of 3 hours
they told me.    Well, everything was working fine (with the usual errors
and horrors of using version 2.0 of UNIX) until I accidentally knocked it
just a little (very little).... suddenly, there was nothing.  No power being
sent to the PS, or the fans, or the motherboard --- NOTHING!!!

I checked the fuse and it's quite alright.  Is there anyplace (around
texas, preferably) that I could get a new power supply for it, or (perhaps)
find out whats wrong with it?  Is this a normal occurance with the 7300?
(I hope not, it would have a tough time in my dorm room!)  PLEASE HELP...
I hate being stuck in MeSsy DOS for prolonged periods of time now that
I at least have a working UNIX machine at my disposal 24 hours a day... <grin>

------  "Believe in yourself before you believe in food items"  ------
					- Gibberish from the gondelas.
   Kurt Grutzmacher - grutz at attctc.dallas.tx.us - FooWare s/w
==========( Std. Disclaimers has never applied to reality )===========