UnixPC hardware problems (help requested)

Gary Sanders gws at n8emr.UUCP
Wed Aug 2 21:35:29 AEST 1989

In article <1291 at banzai.UUCP> roger at banzai.UUCP (Roger Florkowski) writes:

>I have a problem with my 3b1 that only happens when I first turn it on.
>The problem is that I only get a screen full of horizontal bars.
>The only way I can get the machine going is to give it a 'jump start'.
>I have to turn it off, thump it on the table, and turn it back on
>again.  This happens everytime the machine has been physically turned
>off.

I had the same problem with my machine. Since my machine stays on
almost all the time it did bother me to much.. When I would
rearrange my radio/computer room and shut the system down, I would have
to power cycle a couple of times to get the picture in straight.
To solve the problem is easy... All you need to do is take out
two screws on the back on the monitor case.
NOTE: TURN OFF THE POWER BEFORE TAKING THE CASE OFF.. lots of
hungry little volts running around in the monitor...
YOu will find 4 or 5 variable resistors, little flat wheels
mounted on the very back of the monitor.
note the position of each pot. NOw rotate the pot a full turn each direction
and return it to its orginal position. repeate for each pot..
put the case back on and your problem should have gone away.

--
Gary W. Sanders (gws at n8emr or ...!osu-cis!n8emr!gws), 72277,1325
N8EMR @ W8CQK (ip addr) 44.70.0.1 [Ohio AMPR address coordinator]