UNIX3.51C+

was-John McMillan jcm at mtunb.ATT.COM
Thu Aug 24 23:28:05 AEST 1989

In article <179 at zebra.UUCP> vern at zebra.UUCP (Vernon C. Hoxie) writes:
:
>Tell us more about this.  A call to the HOTLINE yesterday gave a null
>response.  All he knew about was 3.51a and the pending 3.51c.  Is there
>somewhere else to get this?

The HOTLINE called _ME_ 48 hours after my posting.  (Yes, they dew track
your sweet utterings.)  The conversation boiled down to:

	THEM)	Do we generally release the UNIX3.51C+ kernel or wait
		for the 'D' release?

	ME)	WHAT!?  You HAVEN'T been releasing the *3.51C+ version?

I'm still shaken, but can't really comment.  Always surprises out there...
Sigh.  WELL... I can only mutter that the 'D' release should be in THEIR
hands by the end of September.  As for the 'C+' release... I'll leave its
[non-?]distribution to the HOTLINE.

There are a few Select Pholks out there running pre-releases of the
'D' kernel, but this cannot be extended too far.  I'll return to this
issue when I return from next week's vacation.  More later....

john mcmillan	-- att!mtunb!jcm