ksh as replacement for sh on 3b1

Robert J. Granvin rjg at sialis.mn.org
Fri Dec 8 14:38:35 AEST 1989

|> 1) Replacing SH with KSH is a serious breach of sanity.
|> 	KSH is ALMOST a superset of SH -- but the differences are VERY
|> 	REAL.  It can waste hours or days for support people when folks
|> 	play this game.
|
|That's funny, because the latest release of the KornShell from the
|Toolchest specifically lists the UNIX-PC as one of the systems
|on which ksh has been used as a replacement for sh.  Perhaps you're
|referring to the older version of ksh (circa 1986) that  comes with
|the 3b1 ?

Being able to do something does not immediately make it an intelligent
thing to do, no matter what any documentation or note says.

(I could easily drive my car at 120 MPH in a bridge suppot pylon, but
I question the value and intelligence at doing it... :-)

________Robert J. Granvin________        INTERNET: rjg at sialis.mn.org
____National Computer Systems____          BITNET: rjg%sialis.mn.org at nic.mr.net
__National Information Services__            UUCP: ...amdahl!bungia!sialis!rjg
 "Insured against Aircraft, including self-propelled missiles and spacecraft."