Need Code for V.B.Digitizer / Fourier Analysis

John McMillan jcm at mtunb.ATT.COM
Tue Dec 19 08:11:27 AEST 1989

In article <668 at nz8r.UUCP> gwr at nz8r.UUCP (Gregory W. Ratcliff) writes:

>If the method of data conversion is "discovered" for the Unixpc
>voice board, I would sure like to hear about it.

I _don't_ do Voice, but I hope/believe the following statements
	are close enough to correct to be useful:

	Of the three codings you can choose (16K, 24K, 64K),
		the 64K mode is very accessible: it is standard
		mu-law encoding which even _I_ have noticed
		(& ignored) being discussed in many places over
		the last few years.  It should be your choice
		for Fourier- or Psycho- analysis.

	The other two codings are Sub-Band Code which has been
		written up in one of the Bell Labs journals, but
		is much less accessible and does involve
		proprietary information.

I'd recommend that you familiarize yourself with mu-law, try out
	some tests using that interpretation, and then contact me
	for more info.  NOTE: I will probably be re-incarnated at
	a different E-mail address by then, unless you're a quick
	learner!

john mcmillan -- att!mtunb!jcm -- Closet U-pc hacker