Submission for Unix-PC

Mark J. Horn decvax!nicmad!harier!sparkie at decwrl.dec.com
Sat Dec 23 19:32:17 AEST 1989

>Hello all,
>
>After buying a voice power board for my 3b1, I realized that the voice mail
>package that comes with it, and that is required to run the answering machine,
>conflicts with smail.  A hack is necessary for the voice mail package to
>co-exist with sma.  Normal mail should use smail (currently also linked to
>rmail) and voice mail should use the rmail that comes with that package.

What happens is you just re-link rmail to be smail?  I just tried it and it
seems to be working.  I'm not sure though.  I may find out that it won't work
later on.

>Has anybody written such a front-end to rmail?  Is anybody out there running
>the voice mail software in combination with regular mail software, possibly
>through some other means?  If no one has, I'll attempt this myself but no
>sense re-inventing the wheel if someone has already done it.
>
>Please e-mail responses, I'll summrize.

I would appreciate that summary, but if someone has written code to do this
already, please post it!!  It doesn't seem like it'd be that hard of code to
write.  Does rmail get called differently by the Voice Power electronic mail
system?  If so then this is easy.  If not how does the VP rmail determine that
it's being called for rmail purposes?

>Augustine Cano		canoaf at dept.csci.unt.edu

Thanks,
- sparkie
--
/ __\| . \/ . \| . \| |/ /|_|| _ |  "Mothers Against Skunks Driving...
ARPA: harier!sparkie at cs.wisc.edu
UUCP: {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!harier!sparkie
                                 {decvax|att}!