Problem with 'usnotime'

Bud Hovell bbh at whizz.uucp
Thu Dec 14 06:28:37 AEST 1989

We are having a problem with 'usnotime' - suddenly, it consistently gives
the message:
                  usnotime: Error -7 trying to dial

This is how we have it set up:
-r-sr-xr-x  1 root    bin        3392 Nov  3 00:00 /usr/local/etc/usnotime

Have recompiled and reinstalled it to no avail. It has worked well on a
weekly basis up until recently.

We have no other dialout problems, either for 'cu' or 'uucp'. Has anyone
else encountered this condition who may be able to suggest what I've messed
up (a generally robust operating assumption, based on past experience :-).

                                 Bud