How about using an X terminal with the 3B1/PC7300?

Ned Nowotny ned at pebbles.cad.mcc.com
Wed Dec 27 03:21:36 AEST 1989

I am very interested in getting X running on my PC7300.  However, I am
a realist.  I do not want to hack my hardware to allow user programs
free access to the console's video RAM and I don't really want to
tie up my CPU with the X server even if I did.  Therefore, it seems
that the best solution is to get an X terminal and somehow connect it
to my machine.   Does anyone have any ideas about the feasibility of this
approach?

Ned Nowotny, MCC CAD Program, Box 200195, Austin, TX  78720  Ph: (512) 338-3715
ARPA: ned at mcc.com                   UUCP: ...!cs.utexas.edu!milano!cadillac!ned