Terminal on tty000

John F. Godfrey john at spirit.UUCP
Fri Dec 1 14:20:25 AEST 1989

I recently hooked up a Visentech VS-230 directly to port tty000 on my
3b1.  My machine has 3.5 mb of memory (2 on the main board, 1.5 on an
expansion card) and a 67mb hard drive (ST 4096).

My question:  is it normal to experience a real loss in normal speed
at either the console or the terminal?  While I was trying to do some
real work :-) my wife was playing mahjongg and we both noticed quite a
drop in performance.  As with my Trailblazer, would the terminal be
better off on the expansion tty that I have left?  viz. tty002?  Does
it matter what type of terminal I say that I am?  I respond at login
to being either vt-100, dt80, or s4.  I am logging in at 9600 baud.

Any suggestions, comments, etc. to help this situation would be
appreciated.

Thanks, John
--
John F. Godfrey, Pastor
"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way and the truth and the life.  No man