cfront (C++) available on the UNIX PC?

Greg Comeau comeau at utoday.UUCP
Tue Dec 5 01:08:10 AEST 1989

In article <11051 at ditka.UUCP> kls at ditka.UUCP (Karl Swartz) writes:
>Does anybody know if cfront is available for the UNIX PC?

Karl, believe it or not we (Comeau Computing) sell a binary version of
C++ for the UNIX PC.  It is C++ 2.0 and like many of the other C++'s we
are based on the de facto standard 'cfront', which we've licensed from AT&T.
We also have it available on various other platforms (UNIX 386's at $250 being
the most popular as well as XENIX 386 at $250 and the 3B2 at $1K and we're
currently putting on the finishing touches to an MS-DOS version which will be
$250).  Cost is $375 for the UNIX PC version.

The package comes with floppy(ies) containing the binaries, libraries, and
include files for C++, the C++ 2.0 Language Reference Manual, free life-time
tech support, and if you desire (this is not part of the package any longer but
is being offered while supplies last) a copy of Stroustrup's text and/or
Weiner and Pinson's text.  If you've any further questions or concerns you can
call us at 718-849-2355 or sent mail to:
uunet!utoday!csanta!c++ or attmail!csanta!c++.

Greg
Comeau Computing