Expanding 1/2 Mb / Serial Port Board to 1.5 Mb

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Thu Dec 21 17:21:16 AEST 1989

In article <21874 at usc.edu> burke at pollux.usc.edu (Sean Burke) writes:
|>I have a 1/2 Mb RAM / Dual Serial Port board that has sockets for
|>an extra 1 Mb of memory.  I added the extra memory, but my 3b1 does
|>not recognize it.  Is there something extra that I have neglected
|>to do?  Thanks in advance for your help...

The EIA/RAM combo board clearly states that if you add more memory
jumpers W1, W2, and W3 must be correctly set.  To save you from digging
up your manual (that you might or might not have ...) here's the table.

Jumper and RAM IC locations

RAM	W1	W2	W3	Rows populated with ICs
0.0	OFF	OFF	OFF	None
0.5	OFF	ON	ON	5 and 6 only
1.0	ON	OFF	ON	7, 8, 9, 10 only
1.5	ON	ON	OFF	5 through 10

Also running memory test diagnostics from the "Diagnostics Floppy,
sub test menu" would be a good idea...

-lenny
--
| Lenny Tropiano            ICUS Software Systems      lenny at icus.islp.ny.us |
| {ames,pacbell,decuac,hombre,sbcs,attctc}!icus!lenny     attmail!icus!lenny |