Good Deal on Hard Disks!!

Elliot Dierksen elliot at alfred.UUCP
Thu Dec 7 14:54:57 AEST 1989

All of you Unix-PC'ers out there who don't scour the monthly Computer
Shopper for all the best deals, have I got news for you!!

On page 231 of December's Computer Shopper, there is an ad from The Main
Source Electronics for an Atasi Gold 3085 full height MFM hard drive.  Now
here's the best part.....  1024 Cylinders, 8 Heads...  The maximum storage
space your stock Unix-PC can use with brutalizing your system with hardware
hacks...  The price listed is $425. I ordered on last Friday and got it
yesterday. So far it is working just fine. Seems pretty quick (28 ms) and is
quite quiet. Their phone # is 1-800-882-1238. They are in CA and they do not
surcharge for MC/Visa. They also ship Fed Ex 2nd day air.  You MUST mention
the ad in Dec CS for them to give you that price!!

All the usual disclaimers, I have no affiliation with Main Source. I am just
a satisfied customer. My disk has been running just fine for 24 hours so
far.  I'll find a way to post if it should all of a sudden decide to explode
into flames!!  Ahhhh, free disk space at last!
--
Elliot Dierksen                 Home: {peora,ucf-cs,uunet}!tarpit!alfred!elliot
                                Work: {att,codas}!candi!ralph!ebd

"What's another word for Thesaurus??"  -- Steven Wright